Another toothsome crop of fresh comedians fill the foyer bar for your amusement!
This month the new & rising acts are:
- Rambling JIMBO BEAUMONT, who might deliver a masterclass in carefully-modulated precision comedy. Or he may not.
- Deadpan PATRICK DRAPER is a most amusing cove from Nottingham who's miserable, unlucky - and too stupid to notice. As a result of which he's won several gong shows.
- RICHARD JAY weighs in at 20 stone & 60 years old - so is worth double any of those skinny young comedians.
- Softly-spoken, likeably-eccentric ALEX HOYLE gave up clowning for children to review erotic literature, and now mines his ambigous past for confessional comedy material.
- Quirky, engaging BECKY BRUNNING is an established actress & Olympian character comedian who reached the national finals of Funny Women 2013.
- Bristol-based Stewart Lee fan & postie MARTIN PILGRIM shuns the obvious to infinity & beyond. He recently supported both Josh Widdicombe & Russell Howard. "Adept and funny" says The Guardian
Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be the moonlighting Birmingham Mail reporter JONNY GREATREX.
Want to say "Of course, I saw them in the bar at my local arts centre - before they were famous"? You need to be here! The acts are good, the atmosphere's great and the price is right - and for £5 or less this HAS to be the best value entertainment in town!
All acts subject to confirmation. Min age 16.
Thursday 06 March, 2014 20:00 £3.00 (Members) £3.00 (Group 8+) £3.00 (Student) £4.00 (Full (pre)) £5.00 (Full (on door))