All-England Theatre Festival Semi Final
The six best amateur drama productions in the West Midlands will be in Evesham on May 9th for the All England Theatre Festival Semi-Finals. The groups each perform a one-act play for audience and judges: 3 plays in the afternoon, 3 in the evening, each 40-50 minutes. All of these shows have already won through in two previous rounds of the competition - so a high standard is guaranteed!
Audiences have the chance to sample some quality theatre at a bargain price - and watch the the winners go on to the festival's English Grand Final in Harrogate.
The productions are:
- The Teacher? - an original play by Michael Pickston, performed by Birmingham's Tomorrow Productions. A captured man is forced to consider his faith. (NOTE: not suitable for children).
- Melody - by Deirdre Kinahan, performed by the Hereford Players. A funny & heartwarming piece about two middle age people whose chance lunchtime meeting ends with more than sandwiches!
- May we?…Oui mais… - by Wilf Hashimi, performed by Broseley Amateur Dramatic Society. Theatre of the absurd about rituals in relationships.
- The Tale of Tilly Miller - by Peter Machen, performed by Total Arts Community Theatre of Tamworth
A bawdy, Dickensian tale of Tilly Miller's life from conception to death.
- Just a Straight Man - by Rob Smith & John Mawson, performed by Nuneaton's Abbey Players. Trevor & Barney are a successful comedy double act - but they don't really get on. What could go wrong?
- Top Girls by Caryl Churchill, staged by Nottingham's West Bridgford Dramatic Society. Career-driven Marlene is a 1980's success story - but at what cost? (Act 1).
Come & sample some great value live drama!
Tickets £10 for one session (3 plays) or £15 for both (all 6 plays - buy 2 tickets at £7.50 each).
Duration: 150 minutes
Saturday 09 May, 2015 14:00 £10.00 (Single session) £7.50 (Both sessions)
Saturday 09 May, 2015 19:00 £10.00 (Single session) £7.50 (Both sessions)
Box Office: Card fee £1.50 optional delivery £1, per transaction.